Here are seven things to learn about that may be of some help.
- Worry is a kind of self strangulation. Realizing that will help motivate you to work toward freedom.
- Freedom from worry is easier if you are focused on what is important.
- Freedom from worry is harder if you are too focused on yourself, your problems, your small issues—instead of that, broaden your interest by being more creative and helpful to those around you.
- Freedom from worry is harder if you are materialistic and easier if you cultivate an interest in things spiritual.
- Freedom from worry is easier with a sense of humor.
- Freedom from worry is easier if you have the right perspective on life.
- Learn about mindfulness meditation (see last video below).
For my friends with heavy worry problems, I recommend four educational videos.
For humor and the right perspective, meditate on this video:
For the philosophic perspective and spiritual dimension, get into the spirit of this video:
Now take a break from thinking about worry and enjoy this video:
Now get back to some serious work about how to be mindful (for kids and adults as well):