“Two twins were talking in the womb…
– Tell me, do you believe in life after birth?
– Of course. After birth comes life. Perhaps we are here to prepare for what comes after birth.
– Forget it! After birth there is nothing! From there, no one has returned! And besides, what would it look like?
– I do not know exactly, but I feel that there are lights everywhere … Perhaps we walk on our own feet, and eat with our mouth.
– This is utterly stupid! Walking isn’t possible! And how can we eat with that ridiculous mouth? Can’t you see the umbilical cord? And for that matter, think about it for a second: postnatal life isn’t possible because the cord is too short.
– Yes, but I think there is definitely something, just in a different way than what we call life.
– You’re stupid. Birth is the end of life and that’s it.
– Look, I do not know exactly what will happen, but Mother will help us…
– The Mother? Do you believe in the Mother? !
– Do not be ridiculous! Have you seen the Mother anywhere? Has anyone seen her at all?
– No, but she is all around us. We live within her. And certainly, it is thanks to her that we exist.
– Well, now leave me alone with this stupidity, right? I’ll believe in Mother when I see her.
– You can not see her, but if you’re quiet, you can hear her song, you can feel her love. If you’re quiet, you can feel her caress and you will feel her protective hands.”
Source: Originally written in Hungarian by Útmutató a Léleknek, translated by Miranda Linda Weisz